Friday, June 19, 2015

48 Hour Reading Challenge!



I am so excited to be participating in the 48 Hour Reading Challenge again!  I love this challenge, especially for the fact that I get so many books read!
 
This year I am especially lucky in an odd way - I just had sinus surgery on Wednesday this week, so I have just been at home resting.  I have a huge pile of books to read, and the time to read them!  So I hope to get a lot read.  Frances and Gloria will be at their dad's until tomorrow afternoon, so there is some uninterrupted time coming my way!
 
 
On my list of books to be read and/or finished this weekend -
Wolf in White Van - John Darnielle
Girl Genius, Book One - Phil and Karla Foglio
Shadow Scale - Rachel Hartman
Outrageously Alice - Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Tales of Burning Love- Louise Erdrich
Defiance - Carole Maso
A Critical Handbook of Children's Literature, 9th Edition
The Butterfly's Daughter - Mary Alice Monroe
Lentil Underground - Liz Carlisle
Just Listen - Sarah Dessen
Nightingale's Nest - Nikki Loftin
The Misadventures of the Family Fletcher - Dana Allison Levy
Missoula- Jon Krakauer
 
It's a lot to be read, for sure, but there's a lot of diversity there - some adult books, some kids books.  Some books about Montana (Missoula and Lentil Underground).  I'm reading Just Listen as part of the Summer of Sarah Dessen promotion where you read one of her books each week - this one just happens to be my favorite. 
 
Plus I am going to aim to write two posts this weekend with reviews, as well as keeping my blog updated with my progress.  I am starting later than I would have liked tonight, but life just got in the way.  So here goes.  Keep checking in with me!!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the challenge! I hope you are enjoying your books; it looks like you've got some great ones on your list!

    ReplyDelete