Saturday, October 17, 2015

Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!

I am just getting ready to start Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon!  I participated in this last spring, without being super official about it, and the fall one turned out to be on a day that I could read a lot of the day (at least that's what I hope!).  Today is Gloria's 7th birthday, but the girls are celebrating with their dad today, so I should have a chunk of time to read.

For those of you who are new to the blog, and visiting from the readathon, here's a brief introductory meme - I am reading in Helena, Montana, where the weather is supposed to be in the low 70's!  It's going to make it hard to keep reading, but we'll see how I do!  Here's my To Be Read pile:
I'm planning to read the following books - The Magician's Land by Lev Grossman, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas, All Hail the Queen (Anna and Elsa), Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty, and Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson.  I'm also hoping to write a blog post about Yard Sale today and make a trip to the library at some point to pick up some holds!

A few words about my To Be Read pile - you can see from the picture that most of these are library books... my library pile has been getting a little out of hand in the past couple of weeks, and I need to return some of these that are overdue.  So I am concentrating on the library piles today!

But as you may also know, I am on the panel for the Easy Reader/Early Chapter Books Cybils award, so I will be trying to do some reading for that too, which is why the Anna & Elsa book is there.  Most of my reading for the panel involves the girls, but we've had a hard time getting into this one, so I'll read it today and go back to it later with them if I think it's worth it!

The Dewey blog had some great posts in the lead-up to this readathon, and one of them recommended getting all of your cleaning done ahead of time so it wouldn't distract you.  I spent last night cleaning and getting groceries, so I am ready to start!  Actually, I got most of the cleaning done, and may vacuum as a break later.  I'm hoping to read about 12 hours today - again, depending on when Frances and Gloria come home, and how the day goes.  But I am kicking it off early this morning.  I'll report back throughout the day.

Thank you for reading with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment