Sunday, June 8, 2014

48 Hour Book Challenge Finish Line

As happened last year, I didn't quite meet my goal. Today I didn't keep track, because I could tell from almost the beginning of the day that I wasn't going to meet my goal.  So I probably got about 11 hours in total.  I was doing great until I got up this morning.  Then all of the multitude of chores and a couple of under the weather kids brought my day to a screeching halt.  Another thing that didn't help me at all was that after the two books I finished, I had a hard time reading much of anything else.  I dipped into an essay in Only Connect: Readings in Children's Literature and read more of How to Eat a Small Country, but because both were nonfiction, it was a lot harder going than the fiction had been.  Next year, I will try to read Friday and Saturday and take Sunday as a day to get focused on the week, since this has been a problem for me both years.  But it's been a lot of fun, and I read a lot more than I do on any other weekend, which makes it great too!!!  Usually on Sundays I might read a magazine or two, but not much else, so I feel accomplished no matter what.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on reading more this weekend! You can't control when kids get sick, after all. Hopefully they get well soon!

    ReplyDelete